Running north and south along I-15, bounded by the Wasatch Range to the east and Utah Lake to the west, you will find the communities of Utah County. If you find yourself in this vicinity, Utah County might be a good place to go hunting for that well-marbled, prime grade steak. Your inner beast will sit up, beg, and roll over for the chance to taste that first juicy morsel of steak cooked just the way you like it. Journey through Utah Valley and enjoy the experience, searching for some of the best steaks you've ever had.
1. Ruby RiverRuby River is most honored to serve the local community of Provo. Voted Utah’s Best Steak by City Search and City Weekly, Ruby River offers more than high-quality steaks. This restaurant serves a full menu with steak, soup, steamed veggies, and salads. They also serve battered fries. Be sure to try a Sirloin combo or one of their specialty steaks in the $20-$30 range. https://www.rubyriver.com/
2. Rodizio GrillThose who know say that the Rodizio Grill, a Brazilian steakhouse, is one of the best choices for steak in the county. Located in Provo, this restaurant showcases a South American venue with a variety of cuts cooked to perfection. The Tri-tip steak is one of the favorites. For dessert, try cheesecake Brazilian style with exceptional sauce. Meals run from $20-$30 with special pricing for children and buffet options. https://www.rodiziogrill.com/
3. Magleby’sIf you are hungry for a slow-roasted Prime Rib, Magleby’s might be right for you. Serving prime-grade cuts beef for over thirty years, this family restaurant has something for everyone’s taste. Steak meals with all the trimmings run for about $16-$45 depending on the cut. Expect truly great food, a warm greeting, and world-famous breadsticks. Be sure to try one of the world-famous deserts Magleby’s has to offer. https://www.maglebys.com/
4. La Jolla GrovesIt’s time to get away and experience delicious food in great company. La Jolla Groves will prove a good choice with a compelling ambiance and exotic menu. Try the Tenderloin Medallions or Filet Mignon and take some time to unwind. This island-like get-away won’t let you down. While the Wagyu Filet Mignon runs about $50, you could also consider the Hanger steak with chimichurri for $36. https://www.lajollagroves.com/
5. Carrabba's Italian GrillA couple of Sicilian boys from Texas found themselves in Utah County and decided to share their family’s love for food. Though Carraba’s showcases Italian cuisine, a good steak is still a choice. Scarf down a Tuscan Sirloin or try Tuscan-grilled Rib Eye to tame your inner beast. Prices run from $15 to $30 for a remarkable steak dinner. Italian desserts are to die for, so be sure to add one on for your guilty pleasure. https://www.carrabbas.com/
6. CommunalDowntown Provo provides a good home for Communal. This restaurant flaunts local farmer's and producer’s goods, using fresh produce in their large, sharable portions. Open design provides a view into the kitchen action as they prepare your Miso Flank Steak with Pickled Cucumber Ponzu for about $30. For a side with a knock-out punch try roasted poblano mashed potatoes. If you prefer, you could try risotto or polenta cakes for a nice change. http://communalrestaurant.com/
7. Cubby’s Chicago BeefSlyly disguised as a sandwich and salad restaurant, an intrepid steak hunter might pass it by; however, meat lovers can still enjoy this cuisine. Salads and sandwiches are readily available smothered with tri-tip steak. The folks at Cubby’s agree: “Eating out at a favorite restaurant should be affordable & never boring”. You can snag a good sandwich or piled-high salad for around 8 bucks. For a special county fair-like treat, try the Chocolate Caramel Whoopie Pie for dessert. https://cubbys.co/
8. Texas RoadhouseAs far as franchise restaurants go, Texas Roadhouse is one of the best. Located in Provo, this one will not disappoint. This western-themed affair provides a casual dining atmosphere and is a great place to unwind. A variety of expertly-prepared steaks is available. Try the Roadkill - never fear, it is just a gussied-up chop steak smothered with sautéed onions, sautéed mushrooms, and jack cheese. Other delectable steak choices are waiting for you. Great steak dishes run from $12 - $30. https://www.texasroadhouse.com/restaurant-locations/utah/orem
9. DP CheesesteaksIf you like your steak on a bun, smothered with gooey cheese, peppers and onions, you will find DP Cheesesteaks located in both Lehi and Provo. This quick, unpretentious meal is great for the passer-by, flying low on the way to other destinations. Several variations on the Philly Cheesesteak theme are offered. Sandwiches run from $8-$10 for regular and large - a great meal price. So whether you find yourself in need of a good traveler’s stretch break or just a quick sandwich dripping with juice on your lunch break, make DP’s your favorite stop. http://www.dpcheesesteaks.com/
10. Mo'BettahsLooking for something a little more unusual? You might be surprised to find that this little trip to Hawaii is nestled in Provo, UT. For a different taste, try the Steak Teriyaki (or Pulehu Steak). If you like you can combine it with chicken and pork samples - but then, some of us are just steak purists. Dishes run from $10-$16 for a very reasonable, uncomplicated, tasty meal. https://mobettahs.com/
Be prepared for a tasty treat as you continue your excursion through Utah County, stay as a guest or settle in as a resident in this pristine part of the country. Whether you're searching for a full steak meal deal with all the sides or a pleasant steak sandwich, restaurants in Utah County will surprise the hungry steak hunter. Be sure to try one or several of the many options available. You will want to come hungry to better experience the taste of a good steak, or sandwich and all the trimmings. Time and time again the hungry beast will be agreeably satiated.