There are so many events and places to see throughout Utah County during the holiday season. If you're looking for lights, Christmas spirit, kid-friendly activities, and joyful time with family, then these 14 ways to celebrate the holidays in Utah County will provide you with a variety of options.
1. Santaquin Parade of LightsIf you have ever had that “wow” moment when you see an abundance of gleaming Christmas lights, then the Santaquin Parade of lights will give you that same feeling. The event is Saturday, December 7, 2019, starting at 7:00 pm. The theme this year is “Small-town Magic” and is free for all. Let the Christmas spirit move you with this impressionable event.
2. Provo River Christmas CruiseYou would not think to be on the water in the middle of winter. However, this exciting event in Provo from December 1st-23rd offers a boat ride on the Provo River. During this venture, you will get to capture the essence of Christmas through lights, holiday scenes and, of course, Santa! This boat ride is just $8 per person and children ages 2 and under are free.
3. University Place Live NativityIf you are seeking a religious adventure for Christmas, the University Place in Orem offers a live nativity scene. Experience the whole story of the night Jesus was born and meet new people that share in the same love you do. The scene will be set in ‘The Orchard’ and you can cozy up with warm drinks and treats. This live nativity scene is on December 6th, 2019 from 6-8 pm.
4. Santa’s Grand Arrival at University PlaceAlso located in Orem, Santa and his lovely wife, Mrs. Claus, will make their grand entrance at the University Place on Friday, November 29th, 2019 from 9:30-10:30 am. There will be live entertainment and giveaways. Starbucks is happy to provide limited free cocoa and treats.
5. Santa’s Wonderland at Cabela’sThe first Cabela’s in Utah located in Lehi will be hosting Santa’s Wonderland again this year. Grab a free photo with Santa from December 1st-24th. There will also be free kid's crafts and activities. While you’re in Cabela’s be sure to check out their gift shop for seasonal fudge and roasted almonds flavored in vanilla or cinnamon sugar.
6. Photo’s with Santa at Provo Towne CenterIf you are looking for more opportunities to take a snapshot with the great Santa Claus, then head over to Provo Towne Center mall. Santa will be at this location from November 29th-December 24th. Starting at 10 am and lasting to 6 pm, you and your family can let Santa know what is on your list and capture an unforgettable moment.
7. Light Up ChristmasOn Friday, December 6, from 7:30-9:30 pm, attend the Light Up Christmas event at the Covey Center in Provo. This event is a concert that is sure to warm your heart and ring in the Christmas spirit. The concert will feature Christmas classics and contemporary music. The cost to attend varies between $12 and $18.
8. Eagle Mountain Holiday Light Decoration DisplayThere is nothing quite like grabbing your coziest pair of socks, a thermos full of hot chocolate and heading out to view everyone’s holiday decorations. In Eagle Mountain, the holiday lights are so spectacular the city makes a map for people to follow every year - https://eaglemountaincity.com/community-relations/city-events/. Be prepared to see some amazing lights and enjoy a quiet time with your family.
9. The Outlets at Traverse MountainIf you are in search of a giant Christmas tree with an amazing display, then look no further. In Lehi, The Outlets at Traverse Mountain boasts a 75-foot living Christmas tree. Each year it is lit with over 500 strands of lights and 900 ornaments. There is no cost to see this spectacular tree and it is lit every night through the month of December.
10. Santa Parade and Tree LightingThe city of Lehi hosts a Santa parade and tree lighting ceremony every year. This year on December 7th at 5:30 pm you can catch Santa and all his friends! The parade coordinators encourage local members of the community to walk with their leashed pups in the parade as well! Christmas and puppies? What more could you ask for? Concluding the parade, there will be a tree lighting in the Main Street Plaza with hot chocolate, cookies, and Santa.
11. Silent SantaThe mission behind this event is to provide children with sensory sensitivity a chance to have one-on-one time with Santa. This is an opportunity in Lehi on November 30th from 10:00 am to 3:00 pm in the Lehi Legacy Center. Enjoy this special event without the crowds and noise.
12. Christmas in ColorThis mile-long drive-thru light tunnel is a must-see! There are over 1 million lights in to see and they are synced to Christmas music. Christmas in Color is in Provo and is quick to become a favorite Christmas tradition. The cost is only $27 per car and is open Monday-Thursday 5:30-10 pm and Friday-Saturday 5:30-10:30 pm.
13. Festival of LightsLocated in Spanish Forks, this one-of-a-kind Christmas adventure is sure to be a family favorite. Beginning November 28th, 2019 through January 1st, 2020; you can visit this beautiful display for only $8 per car. Tune your radio to 99.7FM to listen to music while you drive through the park. This event is open every night from 6-10 pm.
14. Salem’s Pond Town Christmas Light DisplayThis light display is unique because the lights float on a pond in Knoll Park. You can see a lighted bridge, trees and light-formed trees. There is no cost to see this display and it opens November 29th and will stay lit through January 1st, 2020. The display has long hours - 5:30 pm-11:00 pm, so you can assure you will have plenty of time to do a host of events throughout the night.
From the wintery boat rides, to live nativity scenes, to photos with Santa, and Christmas tree lightings, the holiday season is filled with exciting opportunities to immerse yourself in everything Utah County has to offer. With these 14 ways to celebrate the holidays in Utah County, you can better prepare you and your family for a well-thought-out Christmas adventure!