Sometimes life overcomes us, and we forget to prep, cook, or even buy Christmas dinner. With most grocery stores being closed, your options become limited. It has been proven that gathering around a dinner table to enjoy food and break bread with friends and family creates joy. On the other hand, eating out on Christmas is a good way to create a Christmas tradition for yourself or with your friends and family. No matter your situation, these 7 places to eat out on Christmas in Utah County will leave your belly full and heart happy with pure Christmas joy.
1. Black Bear DinerWith two locations in Orem and American Fork, Black Bear Diner is a great choice for breakfast, since it is served all day. This delicious diner offers a host of comfort food including classic 2-egg combos, omelets, pancakes, waffles & French toast, full-course dinners, specials, kids’ meals, and desserts! You can also catch a great deal with their lunch menu. Some of the delicious options include the Western BBQ burger, chicken strips, and parmesan sourdough cheeseburger. If you’re seeking more of a traditional Christmas meal, try the open-faced hot turkey sandwich - turkey served on sliced white bread and completed with red-skinned mashed potatoes, gravy and cranberry sauce. Ring in the Christmas spirit with a hot cup of coffee and a warm slice of Grandma’s Famous blackberry cobbler.
2. IHOPRight now, through the Christmas season, you and your family can enjoy Elf on the Shelf holiday specials at IHOP. The fun green pancakes come in a variety of combo options and hot chocolate specials. Choose from one of four locations - Orem, Springville, American Fork, and Payson. Holiday hotcakes are a popular item and IHOP often has specials. This Christmas season you can receive a family feast that includes fries, pancakes or waffles, churro bites, and chicken breast strips. Additionally, kids eat free every day from 4-10 pm until Jan. 1st, 2020.
3. Denny’sIf you have ever talked with a person that lives outside of America, they would say that Denny’s is an American staple. You can enter any Denny’s restaurant and immediately be enveloped with the smell of delicious food. This diner is perfect for late-night dinner or early morning travelers. Denny’s likes to treat their customers as if they were their own family. With that in mind, they want to deliver a true Christmas feast. Munch on some apple bourbon pancakes while you wait for your turkey and dressing feast. Other holiday items include cinnamon roll pancakes, garlic peppercorn sirloin & chicken tenders’ dinner, and pumpkin or pecan pie - just to name a few. Even if you had plans to cook Christmas dinner, you may want to head over to Denny’s anyways for one of these delectable treats.
4. Village InnHello, Free Pie Wednesday! Treat yourself to delicious pie flavors such as pumpkin, banana cream, caramel pecan silk, country apple, or cherry at one of the two locations in Utah County - Orem and Provo. If you are looking for more of a savory bite, try one of their many home-style dinners including slow-roasted turkey, 6 oz. top sirloin, all-American meatloaf, or chicken pot pie. Create a Christmas dinner with sides like cornbread stuffing, mashed potatoes and gravy, and corn.
5. Yamato Japanese RestaurantDitch the traditional Christmas dinner and eat oriental instead. Sushi is always delicious and at Yamato Japanese Restaurant in Orem, you can’t go wrong. This restaurant has great reviews, 4 out 5 stars on Yelp. Whether you are in the mood for Katsu, Gyoza, Nigiri, Sashimi, full entrees or California Rolls; Yamato will deliver high-quality and delicious food right to your table. Dumplings are a local favorite, so be sure to order some.
6. Panda ExpressThis large restaurant chain is more than just a fast-food experience. Panda Express uses fresh produce that has lasting flavors in their entrees. If your family wants to cozy up at home in their pajamas, sipping hot chocolate next to a warm fire, then grabbing this delicious take-out food is a perfect idea. Grab a plate or bowl filled with orange chicken and fried rice. Don’t forget the egg roll! Panda Express is open during normal business hours and has two locations in Provo, two locations in Orem, and the remaining locations in American Fork, Pleasant Grove, and Saratoga Springs.
7. StarbucksI bet you can already taste that sweet peppermint mocha. The Starbucks coffee chain is open on Christmas with a handful of spots throughout Utah County including Orem, Spanish Fork, Pleasant Grove, Springville, American Fork, Lehi, Saratoga Springs, and Eagle Mountain. Starbucks offers a variety of holiday drinks and treats. If peppermint mocha isn’t your flavor, try a seasonal chestnut praline latte or sugar cookie latte. The kids always love getting a candy cane cake pop, or snowman cookie. For something more savory, try an egg, sausage, and cheddar sandwich or one of three flavored egg bites. Starbucks’ menu has many different options whether you want savory, sweet, or fit options. Additionally, Starbucks often has sales on their tumblers and mugs over the holidays, so keep your eyes peeled! Coffee helps with that.
It can be a stressful time when preparing for Christmas, don’t let Christmas dinner be one of them! Whether you want to gather around the table with friends and family or enjoy a quiet, comfortable and relaxing evening to yourself, be assured you can find it in Utah County. With several different options to choose from, the family can enjoy delicious food and on a budget. From the hot, buttery, flaky biscuits at Black Bear Diner, to the green pancakes at IHOP, to the full feast at Denny’s, to various flavorful pies, to oriental feasts and take-outs, and to coffee and treats; these 7 best places to eat out on Christmas in Utah County will keep you stress-free, and full!