1. Bowling at Fat CatsBowling lovers will love Fat Cats in Provo. Fat Cats attracts lots of visitors, more so in summer. And there's more to Fat Cats than just bowling; fun-lovers can play ping pong, billiards, and more.
2. Swimming at a local swimming poolSpending your afternoon swimming at the local pool is also a pocket-friendly way to spend your summer afternoons, assuming you don't have aquaphobia. Astonishingly, pool charges will set you back no more than ten bucks. Pools like the Lindon Aquatic Centre offer discounts to locals.
3. Miniature GolfingWith as little as $6, you can enjoy a game of mini-golf at Seven Peaks (Lehi). Charges for miniature golfing don't vary much amongst leading golf clubs in Utah. $10 should set you in good stead in partaking in the mini-games at the majority of golf clubs.
4. Visit a movie theaterUtah County is home to multiple theatres where you can enjoy the newest movies in town with friends or family without breaking the bank. For example, the Water Gardens theater charges only $6.50.
5. Stargazing EventsWatching stars is perhaps among the most underrated pastimes. The BYU Planetarium welcome the public on Fridays to watch the stars using their state-of-the-art tools. Visitors also get to learn a thing or two about our cosmic environment. Amazingly, you part with only $4 for this memorable experience.
6. Skating, climbing and bouncing at Classic Fun CentreAs the name suggests, Classic Fun Centre, located in Orem, is a hotbed of fun activities that include skating, climbing, and bouncing. A skate pass costs $5, and $8 if you wish to participate in all the three activities (skating, climbing and bouncing).
7. Visit Camp Floyd State ParkCamp Floyd State Park is home to several historical sites, some of which you might have never heard of. The state park is a great place to learn the history of Utah. Individuals part with $3 while $9 caters for a whole family.
8. Visit Provo Towne Centre to play laser tagProvo Towne Centre has a special place (Command Deck) reserved for laser tag game lovers and players. Playing a five-minute laser tag game costs only $5.
9. Fun painting at Wildflower studiosWildflower Studios is a cool place to visit for budding artists and someone who is keen on honing their ceramic painting skills. Depending on the size of the object you wish to paint, participants pay as little as $1.5 and $10 at most.
10. Visit Nickel City for fun gamesWith over 100 fun and exhilarating games for people of all ages, Nickel City is one of the most affordable fun centers in Utah County. Visitors pay $2.25 to access Nickel City's beautiful arcade.
11. Play nickel games at Nickel ManiaDo you find video games irresistible? If you answered yes, Nickel Mania is the place for you. Visitors pay a $2.25 admission fee and 5 cents for each game. Playing for games can hardly go lower.
12. Visit Farm Country at Thanksgiving PointYour fast growing kid has an incredible chance to learn about various animals at Farm Country. The farm also offers horse rides! The admission fee for this fantastic farm stands at only $7 and $2 for subsequent horse rides.
13. Lowes Xtreme AirsportsLowes Xtreme Airports in Provo offers a wide range of fun activities to people of all ages. From foam pit diving, jumping, to gym workouts, you can participate in lots of fun activities at Lowes and for not more than $10.
14. Tour Timpanogos CaveA tour at Timpanogos Cave lingers long in the memory of people who visit the site. A tour of Timpanogos Cave costs you $8 for adults and $6 and $4 for kids aged 6 to 15 years and 3 to 5 years respectively. Kids under three years gain free entry.
15. Visit Provo Beach Resort for a variety of gamesVisit Provo Beach Resort offers lots of fun activities including laser tag, ropes course, bowling, croquet, and laser frenzy. None of these games costs over $8 for a session.
16. Drive the scenic Alpine or Nebo loopsHow amazing it feels to drive in nature. For those who perhaps have never driven through nature, we recommend that they head out to the Alpine Loop or Nebo Loop Byway this summer and ride or drive along the beautiful roads and paths traversing lush green landscapes. Driving the Nebo Loop Byway costs nothing; however, visitors pay $6 for a three-day pass into the Nebo Loop.
17. Go to an Orem Owlz baseball gameThe Orem Owlz are ready for you if you want to see baseball this summer. A general admission ticket to this ballpark goes at $5. Reserved seats start at $9.
18. Visit Velour Live Music GalleryMusic lovers also get a chance to savor live music without having to dig deep into their pockets, and the Velour Music Gallery affords them such an opportunity. Tickets cost just under $10 for a live and engaging musical performance.
19. Enjoy a cinema session at SCERA Center for the ArtsSCERA Center for the Arts located in Orem offers excellent movie series on a regular basis. With as little as $2, visitors can watch a series of films.
20. Ice skate at Peaks Ice ArenaCould you perhaps be keen to have some fun on ice? In that case, the Peaks Ice Arena is the place for you. With pocket-friendly offers – skating costs $5 – the Peaks Ice Arena offers unforgettable experiences.
Utah is full of fun and affordable activities. With just $10, it's possible to have fun without agonizing about burning a hole into your pocket.