Find out more about all of the interesting things to do near Hines Mansion when you download our free Vacation Guide. It's full of the best recommendations for things to see and do like visiting the Provo City Center Temple.
7 Things to See at the Provo City Center Temple
The temple in Provo sits on the horizon like a castle. The gleaming spires accent the brick facade making for one of the most beautiful architectural points of interest. So, why explore it?
- The exterior looks like something out of a fairy tale. With its spires and elaborate brickwork, the intricate details will amaze you. You may even see the golden angel that sits atop the central spire from afar.
- The Provo City Center Temple interior reflects a Victorian influence. From the intricate wooden spiral staircases to the carved stone baptistry, you’ll be taken aback by the amount of detail.
- The chandeliers in the temple will wow you. Huge chandeliers adorn the ceilings, descending halfway into the room.
- The stained glass in virtually every window will mystify you with beauty. Sure, stained glass is in many churches, but to truly appreciate it you must get up close. It takes an expert artisan to make stained glass. And, stained glass of this quality is considered artwork.
- The pulpit in the chapel is an intricate, hand-carved survivor of the 2010 Provo Tabernacle fire. The fact that a wooden pulpit would survive a devastating fire is something that some have called “miraculous.”
- The grounds surrounding the temple are meticulously kept and highlight the temple with fountains, statues, flowers, and even a gazebo.
- The baptistry is a work of art. Seven statues of oxen support the polished marble baptismal. It’s a wonder to look at!
It’s Not Far From the Best Place to Stay in Provo
What’s the best reason to visit the Provo City Center Temple? It’s within walking distance of Hines Mansion, of course! On a smaller scale, the Hines Mansion looks like a close relative of the style and design of the Provo City Center Temple. Victorian appointments adorn the mansion from head to toe, making it a whimsical place to stay. You can see for yourself when you check out specials and packages! Whether you’re on a business trip, vacation, or a quick romantic getaway, we are eager to accommodate you! We consider ourselves experts on all things Provo, so check out our Vacation Guide for more of the best things to do.